Duane B. Myers, P.E.
Senior Engineer, Trimeric Corporation, Buda, TX, July 2006-Present.
Positions up to Principal Engineer, Directed Technologies (now Strategic Analysis), Arlington, VA, 2002-2006.
Process Engineer, Rohm and Haas (now Dow Chemical), Bristol, PA, 1999-2001.
Positions up to Engineer at Radian International LLC (now AECOM), Austin, TX, 1993-1996.
Fields of Experience
Mr. Myers is an expert in the operational optimization, debottlenecking studies, process development, and simulation in the process industries. Mr. Myers’s professional experience includes:
- Provided on-site plant support for troubleshooting plant operations during the post-startup phase of major plant expansions. Tasks involved gathering field data, interfacing with unit engineers and operators to recommend operating adjustments and plant tests, and working with suppliers on equipment modifications. Unit operations included distillation towers, pumps, refrigeration packages, waste treatment, and environmental control.
- Led and participated in numerous plant debottlenecking projects to identify low-capital cost options for increasing capacity. Debottlenecking studies included detailed evaluations of the capacities of distillation towers (trayed and packed), fired heaters, piping systems, and control valves. Generated options and costs for debottlenecking projects for staged levels of capacity improvements.
- Served as client “Owner’s representative” on multiple projects of $500 million or larger. Responsibilities included concept studies during pre-FEED, management/oversight of EPC firm activities during FEED and detailed engineering stages and technical support during construction and commissioning.
- Experienced with pressure relief valve scenario evaluation and sizing.
- Developed cost estimates for process equipment and plant cost development, including uncertainty analysis, design for manufacturing and assembly, and project economic justification.
- Conducted screening studies for selection of gas treating and sulfur removal process options for multiple gas processing clients.
- Evaluated non-conventional sulfur removal technologies for multiple refinery applications.
- Experienced in process simulation, including Aspen Plus, Aspen HYSYS, and VMG Sim.
Registered Professional Engineer (Texas and Washington state)
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2000.
B.ChE. magna cum laude, Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 1993.
12 publications/1 academic symposia presentation/1 patent
(see separate publications file for listing)